You know whenever you get into a new area of endeavor you always end up learning things, and when lawyers get involved – well… This is one of those areas that is both new to me, and involves lawyers. Silly me, I thought creating a privacy statements would be rather straight forward. After all I have no intention of selling mailing lists or sneaking around prying into other people’s private affairs, I have enough trouble keeping up with my own affairs.
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
The contents of Not a Tame Lion is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available by contacting us via email.
- The materials on the Not a Tame Lion web site (www.NotATameLion.com) are provided “as is”.
- Not a Tame Lion makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Not a Tame Lion does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Not a Tame Lion or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the Not a Tame Lion Internet site, even if Not a Tame Lion or a Not a Tame Lion authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the Not a Tame Lion web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Not a Tame Lion does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Not a Tame Lion may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Not a Tame Lion does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Not a Tame Lion has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Not a Tame Lion of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to the Not a Tame Lion web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
9. Unacceptable Content
Unacceptable content is any content that, at the sole discretion of Not a Tame Lion, is deemed to be offensive, defamatory, or promote illegal activity.
- Any posts containing unacceptable content will be removed.
- On the first occurrence, the originator of unacceptable content will be notified that their posting was removed and will be warned that a repeat occurrence will result in termination of their account.
- On the second occurrence, the account of the originator of the unacceptable content will be terminated.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.